Saturday, November 28, 2009

Time for a crafty gift....

Sadly today is my last day as guest designer on Christmas with the Cricut.  You still have time to leave a comment over at Christmas with the Cricut, so you can be entered in the drawing for free prizes.  Not too mention seeing what those incredibly talented girls have posted for their crafty gift.   Also please check out Monique's blog...she is sooooo creative I am sure you will LOVE what she has created for today.   It has been such a fun week.  I hope everyone enjoyed the projects I created. 

Today's crafty gift is a 12x12 shadow box frame that I etched and layered with vinyl.



(this is a picture of me, my sister and my mom)

 



This is so hard to photograph.  Here in this corner is where I etched in 3 snowflakes from Winter Woodland cartridge and 2 scallops swirls that I flipped, rotated and welded together to create a corner.  I also placed rhinestones in the center of all 3 snowflakes.

For the word "family" I used the front from Winter Woodland.  I cut out the word family using the shadow feature @ 3" with vinyl and used etching cream to permanently etch the glass.  Next I cut out family in black vinyl @ 3" and layered on top of what I had etched.
(Once the etching cream was removed and washed, of course)



 
The paper used inside the frame is from the My Mind's Eye paper stack that I purchased at Michael's.  Ribbon is made by Bazzill and purchased from Archiver's.

Thank you so much for spending this week with me and celebrating my time as guest designer on Christmas with the Cricut.  Be sure to stay tuned in next week when I will continue to featured one Stampin' Up product each week and show you 3 different ways to use it.

Also if you LOVE Stampin' Up as much as I do, be sure to watch my blog starting in January.  It's sale-a-bration time, and I am going to be having LOTS of give a ways and another HUGE sale.  So be sure to mark your calendars!!  Thanks again for your kind words and support!

34 comments:

Anonymous

Love this! The photo is perfect and the design elements set a wonderful accent for your photo!!! I have enjoyed your week designing for the CWTC blog!!! Thanks again for all your hard work!!

Cheers!
Lisa Sturgill

Scrappin' Playground of Dreams

You have created such a gorgeous shadow box. I love it!!!
Thank you for sharing your talent this week!
trishajo@gmail.com

Sharon

I just love your shadow box! It is just beautiful!! This has been a wonderful week with you as a guest designer. I have loved everything you have done! Thanks!! :)

Susan

Such fabulous work!! Your creativity is amazing! Really enjoyed seeing your work, and will certainly be back to view more!
Susan

Brens Designs

I love your frame! What a wonderful way to display loved ones. Love the etching you have done. Gonna have to give this a try. You are so talented and very kind to share with us. Thanks

Crafty Sue

What a cherished keepsake! Love it. TFS

dianne

What a beautiful shadow box. I would never have thought to etch and then vinyl the word Family. You have such Great talent, ideas and projects. I now follow your blog.

Cathie in UT

this such a gorgeous project. I am not into the etching but you make me want to try! LOL

Thanks for all your great Christmas with the Cricut designs!

Monique Griffith

That frame is gorgeous, Mandy. The small pic didn't do it justice because those little details make it absolutely stunning! I totally love how you etched the glass, and especially how you etched the shadow for the word "Family" and then added a vinyl layer on top. WAY clever! Thanks for everything you've done this week. It's been fun, hasn't it? :)

lavendarrose29

Thanks for sharing your talent with us this week. This project is so sweet.

Brenda

Mandy, this is beautiful!
Love the etching...all of it!
Very, very pretty!!! :)

Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us!

Vanessa

I hadn't thought to etch a glass frame or shadowbox. What a clever idea! Your projects on the Christmas with the Cricut blog have all been great. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

Beth

You did a knock out job on this frame. It is just too pretty. thank you so much for being so crafty.

Maria

What a pretty picture frame.

Did you etch the glass from the inside?

I enjoyed all your projects this week. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Shelley Freeman

Love this frame! It is gorgeous!

Live Love and Scrap

Oh Mandy...this is just gorgeous. When I saw it at CWTC, I thought it was on canvas...the etching is just beautiful and un-expected!!! I love it!!! I cant believe your week is over...sniff sniff!!! You did a FANTASTIC job!

thanks for sharing your super talent,
Sarah

janst

Beautiful for a gift to give. Thank you for giving me inspiration

Ladybug

Beautiful picture frame, Mandy! I'll miss you on CWTC but, seeing as I'm a follower of your blog, you won't be far. ;-)

scrappinpatty

Loved the shadow box!!! Your designs this week have been terrific! I can't wait to try many of them!! You are soooo creative!
Thank You!!

Rozette

I love this...all my family is getting this!

icraft2create.com

I love how you layered the vinyl over the etching. I am going to have to try this! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful creations this week!

cathy

Yea!! I just became your # 300 follower!! LOL!!! OMG I just loooooovvvveeee your projects. They are so beautiful and you are so talented! The time and effort that goes into your work make me tired! Again - love your work and will be adding your blog link to my blog!

TxLonestarAngel

Beautifully done! I have enjoyed all your projects this week with the CWTC!

Thanks,
XX
Stephanie

Anonymous

That is so cute. I think I'm going to try something like that. :D

Becky Moore

What a terrific idea!! I think this would be such a wonderful gift for the person who has everything!

tbug

Absolutely beautiful!

Ohhh Snap

It's even more stunning in the close-up photographs! I did not see the etching at all in the first picture. Great job!

Unknown

Mandy, it is Gorgeous! You are so creative and talented!!!!

MizMaryAnn

Thank you for your week of ideas. Love this framed picture. I've gotten so many new ideas I don't think I'll ever come out of my craft room!

Rozette

I love this idea so much I ran out and bought 12 scrapbook frames from Joanns and will make them. What size picture do you use?

Terry

You did a fantastic job at a Guest Designer on CWTC!!! TFS your talent!!

Have a very Merry Cricut-mas!!!

Terry
http://iluvmybugs.blogspot.com

Anonymous

Great job! Thanks for the many ideas that you share.
Shirley

Anonymous

Mandy,
I LOVE this! I just lifted this idea, but did it with a 16x20" frame and pictures of an entire family. I am planning on doing another one of the little girl I babysit. Thanks for all your great ideas.
Patty D

Unknown

Thanks so much for sharing your great etching with the cricut tips with us! I never thought of the shadow idea and using the vynil together in the same project! Good Luck!