Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Today is Scrapbook layout day!

It just so happens I have 2 layouts to share with you today.  Before I do that I just want to remind you to stop over at Christmas with the Cricut and make sure you leave a comment so you can be registered for the drawing for the FREE prizes and see what amazing layout the girls have posted today.   Also stop by Monique's blog to see her scrapbook page.  If it's anything like her layouts from the past...it will be FABULOUS!!!

Here is the first Layout:





Paper: American Crafts Merry Mint Collection
Cardstock: Stampin' Up and Coredinations      


Page is 12x12 with 4 squares cut to 5.5"x5.5" and sewn together
Photo mats are 4.25"x4.25" and 4.25x6.25         

                     

Little boy, wagon and bows are all cuts from Everyday Paperdolls

Little boy 3.5"
wagon 3"
bows varied sizes all less than 1" (done on design studio) 

The santa hat is from paper dolls dress up.




The dog is from Everyday paper dolls he is cut at 4".  I also cut out a reindeer from paper doll dress up and cut off his antlers and attached them to the dog.  The nose is a little red button with red stickles on it.

I also applied flock to the dog by running him through my xyron machine and then sprinkled on the light brown flock, to give him a fuzzy feel and appearance.











 

Here is an up close of the zig sag sewing that holds the 4 blocks of cardstock together


The second layout is a much simpler layout:



Patterned paper:  Stampin' Up Christmas Cocoa
Cardstock : SU! real red, old olive and soft suede




Snowflakes are cut from the Winter Woodland cartridge @ 2.5"
I applied a coat of the White SU! Shimmer paint then added flat back pearls and rhinestones




Holly Leave is also from the Winter Woodland cartridge and is cut  @ 2", embossed with the cuttlebug swiss dots folder and distressed with Tim Holtz walnut stain distressing ink.





This reindeer is also from the Winter Woodland cartridge and is cut  @ 5" on SU! kraft cardstock and covered with a coat of SU! champagne shimmer paint (LOVE this stuff!!)  It is also inked around all the edges of the cardstock, even though it's hard to see on the page on the left.  There are also snowflakes stamped with real red ink on the background paper.  You just can not see it in the photos.  :(




Ribbon is from SU! (it is retired, but you can still order it from the clearance rack online through my website) it's called Alpine ribbon, you can see it here 

Well that's it for layouts!  I hope you enjoyed today's projects and if you have any questions feel free to e-mail me: ferg@new.rr.com

Hope you are having a great Thanksgiving! 

55 comments:

caroline hancock

I love all your layouts they are fab , as soon as santa brings me these cartridges i'm def gonna have a go at them. TFS

AndreaA

Mandy, I love these LO's.
they are absolutely beautiful.
Love,love, love them.

AndreaA

Oh I forgot to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

Shirley

Love your layouts, especially the first one...it is so cute.

Clisi96

Awesome job Mandy! I love them!

Happy Gobble Gobble Day! Enjoy the feast!

farmhouse-story

your creations are adorable!

Maria

I love your LO:s! I love all your details on the first ones. And that doggie is just soooo cute:)

Monique

They are both lovely !!!

Hugs Monique

JenBenLola

I LOVE all the layouts!! Great job!!

Mom2Fiveplus3

Love your layouts. Thanks for the idea of the Xyron being used for flocking. How much easier than glue since you're covering the whole dog. Happy Thanksgiving.

Brens Designs

Love your layouts. Beautiful!!!

Deena

Mandy you are awesome!! I love your layouts!

Becky Moore

Mandy, both of your layouts are wonderful! They will have to go in my 'scraplift someday' folder! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

maureen

Great layout. Love the shimmery effect. So much detail to see.
Maureen

Jessica

Happy Thanksgiving! Love the layouts. TFS

Anonymous

Your lo's are beautiful...as is all your work...TFS! Happy Thanksgiving!

cyimbugbitten

dee

I just love both layouts!!! I really like the idea of flocking the puppy it does make him look fuzzy!!!! Great job.

Susan

Your layouts are WONDERFUL! Beautiful paper, detailed work, accents ~ thank you, thank you!
Susan

mekei

ok, this is amazing. the beauty and the detail. thanks for sharing.

Crooked Scrapper

Another fabulous job. Your LO are so exciting. It reminds be of my yesteryears.

cowbelleru@sbcglobal.net

Billie A

Great layout love the dog with antlers, so cute so many cute dies, love it. Happy Thanksgiving.

My Scrapbook Fancy

Holy cow, Mandy. You have done it again!! These layouts are gorgeous. And that's putting it mildly. : ) Have a great Thanksgiving.

Marlene W

your layouts are wonderful....love love love them. Happy Thanksgiving

Nancy Curtis

The LO's are amazing -when I get WW I will have to do some scraplifting.

Anonymous

Mandy, your LO's are just wonderful!!! I love the little guy and his Osh Kosh begosh overall's!!

LOL My kids all wore them, so that's what he reminds me of. Ya'll did so great today on your projects, just a joy to look at them!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

God bless,
Lisa Sturgill
LisaRN499@aol.com

tbug

Wowsers, girl! That Santa's Helper layout really turned out adorable. I love the white glitter paper for snow, the bows, the screw brads on the wheels, the stitching and all the detail work that you did. It is amazing!! And the Winter Wonderland is simple but very beautiful!! Nice job! : )

janst

Happy Thanksgiving.
Thank you for sharing your beautiful layouts.... they are wonderful.

Emily S

Absolutely beautiful! Great job!!

kim.mom

Awesome Mandy!!! Love them both!!!

icraft2create.com

Gorgeous layouts! I love that flocked doggie reindeer! Your attention to detail is fabulous! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!!

Mariangeli

Great loyout I love it!!!!!

Sharon

These are just beautiful! Love all the details! Awesome!! :)

Chai Dackermann

Mandy, you have some great layouts. Thak you for sharing.

dianne

I hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving. Your LO are awesome. As soon as I my carts are delivered, I will be scraplifting these two LO. Thanks so much for sharing. You are very talented.

Tammy

Mandy! Your work is so awesome! I LOVE the flocking on the puppy!! Too too cute! Thx so much for 'playing' with us this week!

Tammy
Christmas With The Cricut

Crafty Sue

I must scraplift these pages! They're oh so cute! TFS

scrappinpatty

You girls are just sooo creative!!
I can't wait to try them out. I just love the flocking on the dog, I have yet to try that! Thanks for bringing us such awesome samples!

scrappinpatty

Everything you do is soooo adorable. I am anxious to try some of these out. Thank you!

KimCreate

Your layouts are delicious! Beautiful work, cut little boy and wagon and dog! Just love it.
Kimcreate

Shirley

Your layouts are absolutely fabulous.

sfread171@hotmail.com

Unknown

Love love love this layout!

Anonymous

Just beautiful! What a great job and a lot of work. How do you come up with your ideas??!!

sharon
svrenna1@columbus.rr.com

Maria

OMG! I love these layouts!
They are both so lovely. Love all the detail.

Unknown

wow!!! These are so beautiful!!

TxLonestarAngel

Cute, cute, cute, LO's

XX
Stephanie

Anonymous

these are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!! great job!

Brenda

Hi Mandy!

Well it's Black Friday...but I wanted to jump in here just to let you know that I LOVE your layouts!! Fantastic job!!

I sooooo adore santa's little helper!!! GORGEOUS!!! Both of them are!!

Well, if you went shopping....hope you had fun! I have never done a Black Friday yet! Someday :)

maureen

great layout -- love the champagne shimmer.

Live Love and Scrap

My goodness...there really are no words to do these layouts justice!!! I LOVE the doggie...so much detail, even a bell on his little collar...you amaze me!!!

Ladybug

Mandy, you may think this LO is "simpler" but I think it's simply beautiful!! TFS! :-)

Unknown

WOW, WOW, WOW.....Did I say" WOW"?!!! Absolutely LOVE it!!

egw44

Your layouts are amazing, Love them!

Anonymous

good, i just made a lot of another emo backgrounds for my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

Jennie Garcia

I haven't done any Christmas Scrapbooking from last year!! Shame on me, I know!! But you have really cool ideas that serve as inspiration. Like the dog... is too cute. TFS!!
Take Care!!
Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

Kay Miracle

I Love your layouts. Your blog is awesome.

Kay Miracle

kay.miracle@yahoo.com