Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ornament Punch 3-d Ornament

Happy Wednesday to everyone!

This week I am featuring the Stampin' Ornament punch {116794} and the coordinating stamp set Delightful Decorations {116517}

Today I made a few 3-d ornaments.  These are quick and easy to make and would be easy enough for kids to make for their Teachers. 



Punch out as many ornaments as you would like.  The more you use the fuller your ornament will be.




Score the ornaments down the middle.



Next I started to build the ornament, by gluing the folded sides together.  Once I got a few together I sprayed them with Glimmer Mist (Pearl) to give the ornament some shimmer.




I even like to spray my ribbon with glimmer mist. 
Just be sure to give it time to dry (or use the heat gun to dry)


Before gluing all the parts together put your ribbon or string in the middle. 




These were so fun and easy to make, I made one for my 13 year old daughter




I didn't have any pink zebra paper, so I colored 1/2 of my ornaments with my SU! Melon Mambo marker.



Next dilemma... I didn't have a pink bling.  So I colored a clear gem with my copic, let it dry. Worked great!




I hope you enjoyed today's project.  Monday's card will be posted soon.

Thanks!




15 comments:

Emily S

Very fun! Great job!

shanna

Cute ornaments!!!

Live Love and Scrap

LOVE these...they are pretty and funky!!!!!! Great idea =)

TUKI

Soooo cute... great as an ornament on a present too... thanks for the idea Mandy!!!

Unknown

These ornaments are freaking fantastic!! Love love love em!

Anonymous

AWESOMENESS!!!!!! I love the ornaments, I don't have the punch, but I think a circle punch would be cute too, or scallops, my mind is buzzin' ;) Thanks so much for sharing such a cute idea!!!!

Lisa Sturgill

Nellie

That is so, so cute! TFS

Neesey

What a great idea. Love the paper. Very cool.

Kraftychick

Mandy:
Really cute ideas!

I just got some of the Glimmer Mist and when I spray it I get some "globs" instead of the light mist - any suggestions?

jkraftchick@triad.rr.com

Jackie

Jessica

Very cool little ornaments!!! TFS

Anonymous

so cute - looking forward to your week with Christmas with the Cricut.

sharon
svrenna1@columbus.rr.com

Maria

Mandy, the ornaments are so cute.

Quick question: where did you find Zebra paper?

My daughter would love a set of ornaments like that but I don't have any zebra paper.

Unknown

Awesome.... such beautiful work.

TxLonestarAngel

Thanks for the fabulous ornament idea! The zebra one is aw soo cute, and the blue one is very pretty!

XX
Stephanie

Anonymous

Great ideas! Shane